Monday, June 25, 2007

Keystone, CO - June 24th 2007

We had originally planned on heading over to Crested Butte again this weekend so that we could ride and fish and perhaps watch the finals of the downhill race on sunday. But after a few beers at work on friday afternoon laziness got the better of me and we stayed home. We had not slept at home on a friday or saturday night in over a month and to be honest it was kinda pleasant just relaxing. (although we did use saturday to clean up the apartment as it was a shambles from not being at home on weekends for a long time)

On sunday we headed up to Keystone for the first time this year. It had opened the previous weekend but between the expected crowds and the fact that some of the trails we closed due to snow we went to New Mexico instead.

Sunday was great times it was not crowded and the trails were all in excellent shape.

I was also looking forward to seeing how my downhill bike felt since I had recently replaced the wheels with lighter rims and tires going from heavy 3" tires to DeeTrax rims with 2.5" rear and 2.7" front Maxxis DH tires. I also replaced the fork with a 3lbs lighter far superior Boxxer Team fork.

The changes were a GREAT investment! My bike felt really good and I was way happy with how I was riding it. Amber rode with full armor on her mojo and also had a great time.

We didn't last long before fatigue got the better of us, but it was a great days riding. It always somewhat depresses me just how sore I am after downhilling, but it is a good feeling to know that you are getting stronger and more adept at it. I may have to have a sick day from work mid-week soon and get back up there to try the new trails they put in this summer.

No comments: