Friday, July 27, 2007

Keystone days 07/07 and 07/14

No photos - but both of these days were Keystone days.

On the 7th Amber and I went to keystone and she did a couple of runs on my Intense M1 while I road my Mojo. (we did this because Amber's mojo was waiting for her in Oregon).

I had been very interested to try my Mojo on the Keystone Super D runs to get a feel for how it performs in that environment. The run we did was the same used at a recent Competition G3 Gravity Series. It is a mostly Blue run with a section of single black and no drops. Girlscouts (Keystone Climax SD start) / TNT / Logger's Way / Boyscouts / Cadillac Road / Bluegrass / Sleepy Hollow / Easy Street / River Run Trail to finish.

I was very happy with how the Mojo performed and felt. Hand Timed and without the super-d Le Mans start I managed a lazy 21.55 and that involved a couple of waits for people to move out of the way.

Interestingly though, later in the day I did the same run on my Intense and it felt significantly faster so I feel like I have some tuning or tweeking to do on the mojo suspension as I think it should be able to rail that terrain at the same sorts of speeds as my big bike. The main difference is that I had to brake a lot less on the big bike in the rough stuff in the TNT section.

Amber said it took some getting used to riding the big bike and decided that she needed to ride more in a manner of "steer more but control less". As the big bike for her just needed to be directed and then for her to trust it over the rough stuff. All in all a fun day.

On the 14th I was there solo and had an excellent time until I had to go pick Amber up from the airport as she returned from Oregon.

No comments: