Thursday, August 9, 2007

no photos recently - Keystone, Crested Butte

No photos recently but the weekends have still been fun.

On July 28th I did another Keystone day, this time with a buddy from work. It was his first time downhilling and he had a great time with his riding improving with each run. We had to cut the day short after 4 runs after I blew my front shock out.

It was a good news bad news thing though as it meant that my proscrasinating about whether to replace it or send it to Push Industries was now going to be decided. I opted to try out pushing the shock and it just arrived back yesterday (9 Aug) and I am really looking forward to trying it out this weekend.

On the weekend of August 4th Amber and I headed over to Crested Butte for the weekend. Unfortunately (for her) Amber had a cold developing Friday morning and it blossomed into fruition by Saturday. She decided to relax and fly fish while I rode so I got some really nice riding in with the luxury of some shuttle service. Amber dropped me at the the top of Doctor Park and then fished the Taylor River at the bottom while I enjoyed myself on one of the best rides in Crested Butte.

In the afternoon I got dropped up near the top of the 401 trail and then enjoyed the trail in total solitude as there was no-one else to be seen on it. It probably had something to do with the clouds and occasional rain. As I was leaving the car it started raining but it stopped soone after and the trail conditions were perfect.

I had an insanely good time really pinning it on the downhills of Doctor Park and 401 - what a great way to spend a saturday.

No comments: