Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Day 4 - Devils Racetrack, San Rafael Swell
I have been wanting to get over to San Rafael Swell for a couple of years now, but just have never made the trip. So being rather intimidated by what I had read about 5 miles of Hell I took a conservative option and selected Devils Racetrack as the first sampling of the region. It is a 9 mile out and back ATV trail reputed to have lots of fun ledges. Being an out and back it gave me the option of turning around any time if something went wrong or it was just to brutal.

Fortunately we were pleasantly suprised, it reminded me a lot of flat pass but with even more fun obstacles.

Everything your ride down on the way out you ride up on the way back and everything your blast down on the way out you pick your way up on the way back. Everything was very rideable for the technically strong and there are all sorts of options to keep everyone amused. :)

It also happens to be a very picturesque area!









No comments: