Monday, October 8, 2007

Oct 7th - Porcupine Rim

Sunday morning we got up early to get the first shuttle for Porcupine so that we could get it in before driving back to Boulder.

Not a lot of photos as it is just to hard to stop and take photos on a ride as good as this one. Amber and I shuttled to the top of LPS. We had hoped to shuttle all the way up to Hazard but the weather the previous day had dropped a lot of snow up there and the shuttle decided not to take people that far.

I was really happy with how Amber and I both rode and we never saw anyone else from a full shuttle load of riders by the time we left the overlook. I found that somewhat surprising as one group was a big bike, full face helmet group and I thought for sure they would catch and pass us. I guess they must have taken to sessioning some of the play options along the way.


Amber on a steep roller up in LPS.


Riding along the rim with Castleton Tower visible in the background.


Scenic view as you head down the jeep road.


Near the end of the Jeep trail before starting out the single track.


Single track making its way down to river.


One of many fun technical sections.


Amber's turn.


Cruised it.


Heading on down.

1 comment:

kevin said...

You got me hooked; I need more posts! Not that I update very often mind you.