Monday, October 8, 2007

Sept 29th - Camp Dick

Amber had to work so we stayed around town. I decided to head up to Camp Dick and since I had been having a lot of fun on the Buchanan Pass single track and had always enjoyed the Sourdough section I figured that connecting them via the Coney Flats jeep rode could only equal even more fun - right?

Have you ever had a ride that when you do it, you say to yourself that you probably won't go back and do it again? But the years pass and then you forget what you told yourself? Doing sourdough into Coney Flats is one of those rides for me. The jeep road sections are loose rocky riding that is just not fun and all the time you are telling yourself that out and back on either Sourdough or Buchanan Pass is just a lot more enjoyable.

The one redeeming feature for me is how nice it is out the back. The ride was also kinda fun because the first snow for the season had fallen and riding on snow and ice is always fun for me. But in general I just am not a fan of the loose climbing you have out there.

Oh well, I expect in another 2-3 years I will forget again and perhaps next time have a different perspective.

No photos as I forgot to take the camera.

No comments: