Thursday, August 14, 2008

July 27th - Sol Vista Bike Park

On Sunday I headed over to Sol Vista Bike Park while Amber stayed around Winter Park and did some trails there. Amber would have joined me at Sol Vista but her big bike was still broken and waiting for a new bottom bracket to go with new cranks. She was going to be able to ride Sol Vista later in the week while I was at work.

We had a race at Sol Vista next weekend and an extra day of practice was going to be valuable. I had a great day riding and spent a lot of time on the trail that would be a our race track. It was not quite ready as it was a combination of two existing trails and the connector was not officially open.

After a days riding I was a little concerned as there was one steep rocky drop that was still very intimidating and a lot of work left to do to find lines in the many technical corners that the trail had on it. But things were promising and I was looking forward to next weekend!

No comments: